Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ego and Evil

One thing I am tired of and/or can do without.

I get so bored of the day to day drama of people I don't know or don't care to know. I have tried my entire life to live drama free and I intend to keep it that way. From time to time I think it's important for us to weed out the "bad" people in our lives. I did this recently with a few friends that thought the universe revolved around them. I'm afraid not, boys. Always something, always an issue, always drama, trauma, jealousy, and hate. If your life is so boring or uninteresting that you have to spread gossip, repeat lies, or make up stories, then you're just not someone I want in my life.

I never understood the need to build up your own ego by talking about other people. Does this really help or are you further damaging your already fragile sense of self worth? I know that what goes around comes around, and I want only good things to come back around to me and those I love. What does it behoove you to ruin someones life because they have different opinions, different likes or dislikes? IS it really that satisfying to drag someones name and reputation through the mud? What do you gain by such hate?

I know from personal experience on both sides of the drama line that it does nothing to boost your own confidence to hurt someone else with words or threats. If you are going to talk about someone, have the respect for yourself and them to say it to their face. Discuss issues or just let it go. Fools and imbeciles trade ego for evil and I don't have room or time for someone that does not love their own self or others. Respect.

5 comments:

  1. er, you mean the universe doesn't revolve around me? I'm shocked. So shocked, I might have to go and have a lie down, and maybe a little gin (for medicinal purposes).
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Retweet (thealey!) I'll be watching you, mister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you believe you can take this kind of stand, live with this kind of stand, practice this kind of stand and still expect to interact with the rest of humanity on a day to day basis?

    I'm not being rhetorical, just honestly curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To godofbiscuits: Yes, I do believe I can take this stance in society and have proven this several times. I still do interact with society and humanity on a daily basis, I just limit the time I spend with people that have nothing better to do than create drama. Believe me, there are a lot of worthwhile, drama free people out there. I appologize if you have not met any, you must not be looking in the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To some degree I agree w. you, I get sick of the same tired rhetoric, drama and gossip that seem to prevail in the world. On the other hand I just distance myself from egocentric people like that and instead surround myself w/ individuals who are taking proactive roles in their own lives.

    One thing I found that helps is volunteering. There is no better way to get out of yourself than being there for another soul.

    By the way you have excellent taste in music!

    ReplyDelete